Monday, 4 November 2013

It’s Closing Time.

Closing Ceremony.
12 August 2012 

The closing ceremony. Met with Kyle and Andrew for lunch at about 3:30 and then headed to the Centurion Lounge - one last time. A few bubbles and Annette and Kyle headed across at about 6:15. Andrew and I felt this was a little early and stayed in the lounge a bit longer. We had excellent seats adjacent to the flame. A full on very British show which took the mickey out of itself at times with a real focus on the musical journey. I jokingly thanked a chap for getting me a Heineken, of which he had four, and he insisted that I have one. I didn’t want to appear inhospitable so accepted his kind offer. He would not let me buy the next round but on his return he had got me another one. Ah - what a way to end. Big crowds on the way home and we eventually got on the tube home and arrived about 1:30 AM. Thankfully, earlier in the day, we had done some preparation for the next stage of our adventure as the car was booked for eight. So dear Olympics - we bid you adieu.

Revving up for Rio.

One of those Stomp guys is our mate Dan!
Athletes bid farewell.


No comments:

Post a Comment